At The National Hotel, we are committed to supporting local and sustainable farmers, and have even planted our own herb garden on our property, that allows us to use the freshest ingredients, as we need them, on the spot, clearly enhancing the dining experience of our Restaurant guests.
Visitors to our little town continue to return to Frenchtown, be it for the unique shopping experience, or just to take in the natural beauty of this area--and they linger. Isn't that a beautiful word? Linger. To me it produces images of strolling down lovely streets, stopping to admire the wares of vendors, talk to the local artists that inspire everyone around them, or to walk leisurely down the Delaware River Tow Path (a.k.a. the Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park), taking in the beauty of the Delaware River that runs parallel to the path. Have you given yourself the "gift of time" to take in the natural beauty of this area?
Pete and I still enjoy going for walks down the path with our daughters and our dogs--almost the identical walk that brought us to The National Hotel and led us to receiving its keys on July 31st, four years ago.
It has all happened so fast, there's always so much going on in Frenchtown and at The National Hotel, that the honest truth is that four years have flown by. From our various weekly programs, to our special events, together with Frenchtown's own chock-a-block calendar of events, we are incredibly fortunate to be able to contribute a little bit of "us" to the great legacy of The National Hotel. Some of our upcoming highlights include:
- Sunday, June 30th: Frenchtown's Farmer's Market, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (Kathee's General Store parking lot area)
- Sunday, June 30th: Tiffany Blues (and Tea on the Rocks) book signing and meet-the-author event, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. with special gifts for the first 25 guests, and tea and cookies served (The National Hotel)
- Sunday, June 30th: Tiffany Blues book signing continues at Frenchtown's Book Garden, 3:45 - 4:45 p.m.
- Sunday, June 30th: Sunday Musical Afternoon series featuring David Turner, 5 - 7 p.m. (The National Hotel Restaurant & Bar)
- Wednesday, July 3rd: Annual Pre-Independence Day Celebration with live music, featuring Rainbow Fresh, starting at 9 p.m. (The National Hotel's cellar pub, The Rathskeller)
- Saturday, July 6th: Monthly Music Themed Night, featuring live music by Mike Pfeiffer, 9:30 - 11:30 p.m. (The National Hotel's cellar pub, The Rathskeller)
- Sunday, July 7th: Sunday Musical Afternoon series featuring John Sonntag, 5 - 7 p.m. (The National Hotel Restaurant & Bar)
- Tuesday, July 9th: Bi-weekly Tuesday Trivia night, 8 - 10 p.m. (The National Hotel's cellar pub, The Rathskeller)
- Thursday, July 11th: Weekly Thursday Open Mic Night, starting at 9 p.m. (The National Hotel's cellar pub, The Rathskeller)
- Saturday, July 13th: Frenchtown's 15th annual Bastille Day, featuring special in-store events, outdoor activities, and live music throughout the town, starting at 12 p.m.
- Saturday, July 13th: Frenchtown's monthly Second Saturdays featuring live outdoor music throughout the town, 4 - 8 p.m.
- Saturday, July 13th: Weekly Saturday Night Live Music series, featuring Gary Reed, 9 - 11 p.m. (The National Hotel's cellar pub, The Rathskeller)
We're especially excited about our annual Pre-Independence Day Celebration, featuring the return of Rainbow Fresh to The National Hotel, for a night of live music that never disappoints, starting at 9 p.m. on July 3rd. Last year's celebration helped us bring in July 4th together, with a party that just didn't want to stop:
This will be a good follow-up to last night's Tinicum Park fireworks after the annual Concert Under the Stars to benefit the Riverside Syphonia, that brought out residents from both sides of the Delaware River, with some of the best vantage points right on the Frenchtown-Uhlerstown Bridge. What a sight!
Maybe these are some of the reasons that we received such a wonderful review by ICON magazine. Robert Gordon's Restaurant Review about the very unique menu we have crafted with international touches that reflect Pete's Indian and Portuguese heritage, and my own Chilean and Spanish background, was just wonderful. He absolutely captured the essence of our vision for our Restaurant.
The accolades keep coming...to add to this great review, we have just received TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence, a prestigious award that is presented only to select establishments, based on travelers' reviews! This award communicates to visitors and to us, truth be told, that The National Hotel's level of service and hospitality is ranked among the highest in our industry. We cannot thank our guests enough for all they continue to do to help us receive this coveted award.
Louder than any certificate, though--and in no way to diminish this truly fantastic honor--is the feedback we receive from our Restaurant & Bar patrons, and from our overnight guests. Having them continue to return when they visit Frenchtown is humbling. Moreover, it is just the encouragement we need to continue to push ahead, to make improvements, to reassess procedures, and to hire the very best talent in the area. After all, our establishment thrives today, because of the dedicated staff on board, and because of our devoted patrons. Here are just 2 pages from our guest book that speak volumes through the pen and paper:
For this and for so much more, Pete and I are incredibly grateful. Thank you again!
Please continue to email me with any feedback or questions, or leave a comment on this blog. You can also reach us at 908.996.3200, or fill out our guest inquiry page on our website. Stay up-to-date with all of the activities and programs we have planned for the summer: